McMaster University MD/PhD Degree
- Candidates interested in applying to the MD/PhD program must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree at the time of entry into the MD/PhD Program with a minimum GPA of 3.8/4.0 in the final two years and an overall GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Candidates must meet the entry criteria for the eligible PhD program. Each program available to McMaster MD/PhD students has different entrance requirements and candidates should access the available website for information:
- Candidates must complete the MCAT and the CASPer on-line evaluation tool. Minimum MCAT criteria includes a score of 127 or greater on the Critical Analysis and Reasoning section (2015 MCAT and later) or a verbal reasoning score of 10 or greater on the pre-2015 MCAT.
- Candidates should have demonstrated excellence in their research endeavors to date. Candidates will submit a CV and this will be assessed for research experience and success.
- Two academic references. Referees should address suitability for an MD/PhD program; one reference must be from the supervisor from an undergraduate research project or thesis.
- Separate statement submitted by the applicant regarding their suitability, motivation, and career plans in MD/PhD studies.
- Students who are successful in the application process will be required to identify a faculty member who will agree to supervise the student for the PhD component of their training. Applicants who are offered an interview for the McMaster MD/PhD program are strongly encouraged to start the process of identifying potential supervisors when the interview offer is received.