Congratulations on admission to the Faculty of Health Sciences at McMaster University. All learners entering the following undergraduate and graduate Health Professional Programs must complete the Year One Health Screening Record form as part of the non-academic requirements for their program AND be cleared by the Health Screening Office:
Child Life & Pediatric Psychosocial Care https://childlife.mcmaster.ca/
Midwifery Education https://midwifery.mcmaster.ca/
Nursing Undergraduate and Graduate Programs https://nursing.mcmaster.ca/home
Occupational Therapy https://srs-ot.healthsci.mcmaster.ca/
Physician Assistant Education https://fhs.mcmaster.ca/physicianassistant/
Speech-Language Pathology https://srs-slp.healthsci.mcmaster.ca/
Undergraduate Medical Education https://mdprogram.mcmaster.ca/
Deadline for submitting the Year One Health Screening Record: July 15th
Students who are not cleared or provisionally cleared cannot participate in any IN PERSON clinical activities and may be excluded from class by their Program.
Start early and submit on time!
To download the Year One FHS Health Screening Record click on the following link:
Year One Health Screening Record
A qualified health care professional (HCP) needs to complete ONLY those items which are not documented on immunization records and lab reports being submitted with the form.
Click on the Home or Forms & Submission tab on the left side bar for more information.
If you have questions contact the Health Screening Office at:
Phone: 905-525-9140 ext 22249 or ext 28639
Helpful tips when completing your forms
- Locate previous records BEFORE having the form completed. Records may be obtained from your family physician or other primary care provider, Occupational Health Services if you worked or volunteered in a hospital, or Public Health Services where you attended high school in Canada. If previous records are missing or incomplete, you will need to complete a new series for required vaccinations.
- Complete the Student Information section in full. An email address is required for communication with the Health Screening Office. Please add email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure that you receive our emails.
- Information documented on the form must be completed and initialed by a qualified health care professional (physician, nurse, physician assistant, pharmacist). Health care professional (HCP) information, signature and date are required for each HCP who provides documentation on the form.
- Vaccination ONLY is required for measles, mumps and rubella; IgG antibody serology will not be accepted. Make sure TB screening is fully completed before receiving a live vaccine (MMR, Varicella).
- Exemptions are allowed for medical reasons only, in which case a note from a physician is required.
- Keep a copy of all documents on file in case they are required by your clinical placement. Documents submitted to the Health Screening Office are NOT returned.
For more information on specific requirements click on the following links:
Pertussis Vaccine (TDAP)
Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella
Hepatitis B Immunization & Serology
Blood Borne Viruses
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Submit your Health Screening Record & Supporting Documentation
Retain the original of all documents for your files and submit copies to the FHS Health Screening Office in one of three ways:
- Preferred method is electronically via Sharefile** (secure document collection) using the following: link:
[Upload documents here]
NOTE: Scan your forms as a single JPEG or PDF document and save your file as "last name, first name, PGMD". For example:
"Shah, Joan PA Program"
If uploading multiple documents save them with the same file name and then number them. For example:
"Shah, Joan PA Program1"
"Shah, Joan PA Program2"
Enter your program name under "company" on the upload page.
- Confidential Fax: 905-528-4348
- In Person / Mail copies only:
McMaster FHS Health Screening
1280 Main Street West, HSC 3H46
Hamilton ON L8S 4K1
Att: Patricia Hartnett
**Citrix ShareFile uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of information; note that no method of transmission over the internet is fully secure. For more information, see:
Citrix ShareFile Security and Compliance