Helpful tips when completing your forms
The Health Screening Record must be completed in full by a health care professional (physician, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, physician assistant).
- Copies of required lab and x-ray reports (if applicable) must be attached. Other immunization records may be attached as supporting documentation -- Health Care Provider initials/signatures are not required in the corresponding sections in the McMaster form.
- If you grew up in Canada, contact the Public Health Office which serviced your High School area to obtain childhood immunization records.
- Ensure that TB skin tests are fully documented (date given, date read, mm induration). A two-step test is two separate tests requiring four visits to your Health Care Provider. For more information see Tuberculosis.
- Pertussis vaccine (Tdap, brand names Adacel or Boostrix) is a mandatory requirement. A one-time dose of vaccine is required for students age 18 years or older even if not due for a tetanus diphtheria booster. An adolescent Tdap vaccine age 14-17 years is required for students currently under age 18 years. For more information see Pertussis Vaccine (TDAP).
- Serology for immunity should NOT be tested after one or more vaccinations for measles, mumps, rubella or varicella. Serology should not be repeated if previous testing shows immunity.
- Make sure your health care provider has filled in the entire form and initialed where necessary, otherwise, your record will be returned not cleared.
- Make sure you submit copies of all documentation and retain the originals for your files. You may be asked for this documentation at any time while on placement.
How to Submit your Health Screening Record & Supporting Documentation
Retain the original of all documents for your files and submit copies to the FHS Health Screening Office in one of three ways:
- Preferred method is electronically via Sharefile** (secure document collection) using the following: link:
[Upload documents here]
NOTE: Scan your forms as a single JPEG or PDF document and save your file as "last name, first name, PGMD". For example:
"Smith, Joan PA Program"
If uploading multiple documents save them with the same file name and then number them. For example:
"Smith, Joan PA Program1"
"Smith, Joan PA Program2"
- Confidential Fax: 905-528-4348
- In Person / Mail copies only:
McMaster FHS Health Screening
1280 Main Street West, MDCL 3514
Hamilton ON L8S 4K1
Att: Patricia Hartnett
**Citrix ShareFile uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of information; note that no method of transmission over the internet is fully secure. For more information, see:
Citrix ShareFile Security and Compliance