Congratulations on admission to the Faculty of Health Sciences at McMaster University. All learners entering the following undergraduate and graduate Health Professional Programs must complete the Year One Health Screening Record form and be cleared by the Health Screening Office:
MSc in Child Life & Pediatric Psychosocial Care
MSc Occupational Therapy
MSc Speech-Language Pathology
Nursing Undergraduate Programs
- BScN Accelerated Stream F
- BScN Basic Stream A
Nursing Graduate Programs
- MScN Course and Thesis based
- MScN & Graduate Diploma PHCNP
Physician Assistant Education
Undergraduate Medical Education
Deadline for submitting the Year One Health Screening Record: July 15th
Deadline for clearance: September 1st
Students who are not cleared or provisionally cleared cannot participate in clinical activities and may be excluded from class by their Program.
Start early and submit on time even if all the requirements are not completed!
If you received a late offer to your program, please submit your Health Screening Record by the deadline even if not 100% complete; for further instruction contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the Year One FHS Health Screening Record click on the following link:
Year One FHS Health Screening Record
Click on the Home or Forms & Submission tab on the left side bar for more information.
If you have questions contact the Health Screening Office at email@example.com, 905-525-9140 ext 22249.
Helpful tips when completing your forms
- Start EARLY as some requirements may take several weeks to complete. Review the requirements carefully and review the form again before submitting to ensure all sections are completed correctly. Contact us if you have any questions.
- Locate previous records BEFORE having the form completed (records may be obtained from your family physician, Occupational Health Services if you worked or volunteered in a hospital, or Public Health Services where you attended high school in Canada).
- If previous records are missing or incomplete, you will need to complete a new series for required vaccinations; all documented doses count towards the total series as long as minimum spacing requirements are met (there is no maximum).
- Complete the Student Information section in full. An email address is required for communication with the Health Screening Office. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list to ensure that you receive our emails.
- All requirements must be documented in full and initialed by a qualified health care professional (physician, nurse, physician assistant, pharmacist). Health care professional (HCP) information, signature and date are required for each HCP who documents one or more requirements on the form.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Polio vaccines and Hepatitis B vaccines/test for immunity (anti-HBs) may be in process at program start; as much as possible must be completed prior to program start for provisional clearance. All other requirements must be fully completed for clearance. Exemptions are allowed for medical reasons only, in which case a note from a physician is required.
- Serologic tests for infection with blood borne viruses Hepatitis B (HBsAg), HIV and Hepatitis C are required for Midwifery, Physician Assistant and Undergraduate Medicine programs ONLY.
- Attach copies of required reports. Vaccination records should also be attached if available. Make sure your name is on every page submitted.
- Do not alter the original form after submission. A separate update form will be provided for outstanding requirements.
- Keep a copy of all documents on file in case they are required by your clinical placement. Documents submitted to the Health Screening Office are NOT returned.
For more information on specific requirements click on the following links:
Pertussis Vaccine (TDAP)
Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella
Hepatitis B Immunization & Serology
Blood Borne Viruses
How to Submit your Health Screening Record & Supporting Documentation
Retain the original of all documents for your files and submit copies to the FHS Health Screening Office in one of three ways:
- Preferred method is electronically via Sharefile** (secure document collection) using the following: link:
[Upload documents here]
NOTE: Scan your forms as a single JPEG or PDF document and save your file as "last name, first name, PGMD". For example:
"Shah, Joan PA Program"
If uploading multiple documents save them with the same file name and then number them. For example:
"Shah, Joan PA Program1"
"Shah, Joan PA Program2"
- Confidential Fax: 905-528-4348
- In Person / Mail copies only:
McMaster FHS Health Screening
1280 Main Street West, MDCL 3514
Hamilton ON L8S 4K1
Att: Patricia Hartnett
**Citrix ShareFile uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of information; note that no method of transmission over the internet is fully secure. For more information, see:
Citrix ShareFile Security and Compliance