Visiting Postgraduate Medicine students
Visiting Electives website: McMaster PGMD Visiting Electives
See Postgraduate Medical Students tab on the left for Postgraduate Medicine Health Screening Record and detailed instructions on submitting documentation.
Visiting Undergraduate Medicine students
NOTE: Students must be cleared by the Health Screening Office before they may attend their elective. Applications may be cancelled if immunizations are not fully cleared by 8 weeks prior to the earliest requested elective start date.
Applying for a first-time elective at McMaster?
- AFMC Student Portal Immunization and Testing form must be submitted with applications.
- Older versions of the form will be accepted if already completed. An incomplete form may be submitted with the initial application, but all outstanding requirements must be submitted AND cleared at least 8 weeks prior to the earliest requested elective start date.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Polio vaccines and Hepatitis B vaccines/test for immunity (anti-HBs) may in process at the start of an elective (as much as possible must be completed). All other requirements must be fully completed for clearance.
- Click here for detailed immunization requirements checklist.
Applying for another elective at McMaster?
- Students cleared for a previous elective at McMaster will be sent a document update request if there are any additional requirements for the new elective date .
- Provide proof of influenza immunization for electives between November and Aprilin person to the placement site when you arrive for your elective; documentation does not need to be submittedto the AFMC Student Portal or Health Screening Office.
- Students who have infection with blood borne viruses Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and/or HIV must self-report their status to the McMaster AssociateDean of Undergraduate Medical Education (905-525-9140 ext 22141).
- Keep copies of all immunization documents on file in case they are requested by the placement site.
How to submit your immunization documents: ** Do not send by email **
- Submit all immunization documents to your application on the AFMC Student Portal. Upload the document to your profile first, then submit the document to your application as a second step. For instructions, click here.
- If there is no window open on your application to submit immunization documents, contact the Health Screening Office and we will open a window for you.
- Students with confirmed electives who are not currently registered on the AFMC Student Portal should contact the Health Screening Office for instructions.
McMaster Undergraduate Medicine Students
Immunization requirements for electives within Canada during Clerkship: Click here.
International electives: See Travel Health & Safety
Please contact Patricia Hartnett at the McMaster Health Screening Office:
Phone: 905-525-9140 ext 22249