Visiting Postgraduate Medicine students
Visiting Electives website: McMaster PGMD Visiting Electives
See Postgraduate Medical Students tab on the left for Postgraduate Medicine Health Screening Record and detailed instructions on submitting documentation.
Visiting Undergraduate Medicine students
Undergraduate Visiting Electives website: McMaster Undergraduate Visiting Electives
AFMC Student Portal Immunization and Testing Form: https://afmcstudentportal.ca/Immunization
Applying for a first-time elective at McMaster?
- Immunization requirements checklist: Click here
- Submit your AFMC immunization form on the AFMC Student Portal the same time as your application. All sections should be fully completed if possible. Submit reports for HIV and Hepatitis C serology (or Appendix E on the 2018 form) either with your application (preferred) OR after your elective is confirmed.
- We will send you a document update request from the Portal for any outstanding requirements after your elective is confirmed. Submit outstanding immunization requirements at least 8 weeks prior to your elective start date to allow for review and clearance.
Applying for another elective at McMaster?
- Electives are cancelled by the Visiting Electives Office if immunization requirements are not fully completed AND CLEARED by 30 days prior to the elective start date.
- Provide proof of influenza immunization (for electives between November and April) directly to the placement site, you do not need to submit documentation to the AFMC Student Portal or the Health Screening Office.
- Students who have infection with blood borne viruses Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and/or HIV must self-report their status to the McMaster Associate Dean of Undergraduate Medical Education (905-525-9140 ext 22141).
- Keep copies of all immunization documents in case they are requested by the placement site.
How to submit your immunization documents
** Do not email immunization documents **
- Submit all immunization documents to the AFMC Student Portal (not the Health Screening Office).
- You will be sent a document update request from the Portal for any outstanding immunization requirements. Log into the Portal and upload the required documents as one file after completion .
- If you wish to upload immunization documents to the Portal and there is no window open for upload, contact the Health Screening Office and we will open a window for you.
- To submit updated documentation to the Portal, you need to upload the document to your profile first, then submit the document to your application. For details click here.
McMaster Undergraduate Medicine Students
Immunization requirements for electives within Canada during Clerkship: Click here.
Post MF4 and international electives: See MedPortal
Please contact Patricia Hartnett at the McMaster Health Screening Office:
Phone: 905-525-9140 ext 22249