Upper Year Undergraduate/Graduate Health Professional Programs
These are mandatory requirements for continued participation in clinical activities.
- Learners granted full clearance in Year One are required to submit annual tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Learners granted provisional clearance are required to complete all outstanding requirements, in addition to annual TB screening.
This includes all outstanding vaccinations for tetanus/diphtheria/polio, and Hepatitis B vaccinations/serology.
- Learners returning from a leave of absence are required to complete all outstanding requirements and any updated requirements, in addition to annual TB screening.
- Programs reserve the right to exclude learners from class if health screening requirements are not met.
Upper Year Submission Deadline
for all FHS Programs is July 31
ANNUAL TB SCREENING
Complete after May 1 and submit by July 31
All returning learners must submit the:
Annual TB Screening Form
This form includes a risk assessment questionnaire. Only learners who have been exposed to active (infectious) TB disease need to submit a single TST.
Please note that this form must also be submitted even if you are submitting documentation of a TB skin test.
** Note: Some placement sites may require a more recent TST; learners are responsible to be aware of their placement site’s requirements. **
Rehabilitation Sciences Students in their final year: If you are a learner in the final year of your program AND your final placement starts before September 1st you are not required to submit annual TB screening. If your final placement begins after September 1st then you are required to submit annual TB screening.
See Tuberculosis for more information.
How to Submit your Documentation
Once you have completed your Annual TB Screening form please submit to the FHS Health Screening Office in one of three ways:
- Preferred method is electronically via Sharefile** (secure document collection) using the following: link:
[Upload documents here]
NOTE: Scan your forms as a single JPEG or PDF document (not .heic) and save your file as "last name, first name, Program TB2023". For example:
"Brown, Lara AccNursing TB2023"
- Confidential Fax: 905-528-4348
- In Person or via post:
McMaster FHS Health Screening
1280 Main Street West, HSC 3H46
Hamilton ON L8S 4K1
Att: Patricia Hartnett
REVIEW RESPONSE TIMES: The review and confirmation of receipt of a submission may take up to 5 business days.
**Citrix ShareFile uses industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of information; note that no method of transmission over the internet is fully secure. For more information, see:
Citrix ShareFile Security and Compliance