How to enter your name and email address for checking out files in Dreamweaver
To enter your name as the person who is updating a website, follow these instructions:
- Start Dreamweaver.
- Check in all files that you are currently editing.
- From the DW menu, select Site > Manage Sites.
- In the Manage Sites dialog box, select your website and click Edit, or double click on the name of the website.
- In the Site definition dialog box, select the Advanced tab.
- Select Remote Info under the Category heading on the left of the dialog box.
- At the bottom of the Site Definition dialog box, enter your name in the text box labelled Check out name.
- Enter your email address in the text box labelled Email address.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.
When you check out a file, your name with your email address should appear in the Checked Out By column in the Files panel.