How to rename a page in Contribute?
Contribute does not allow you to directly rename a page. However, you can make a copy of a page, publish it with a new file name and then delete the original page.
- Browse to the page you want to rename.
— OR —
Click the Choose button in the toolbar; then select the file you want to rename.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select File > Actions > Publish as New Page from the Contribute menu.
- In the Publish dialog box, enter the new file name and publish the new page. File names should consist only of lowercase letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and underscores (_) in any combination. A file name should begin with a lowercase letter. Underscores are useful in place of spaces in the file name for readability.
- Update links to page:
- If there is a link to the page in the navigation for the website, contact your web administrator to update the link using Dreamweaver.
- Update any links in the website content that still point to the page with the original file name so that they point to the page with the new file name:
How to update a link on a web page?
- After all links to the orignal file name have been updated to point to the new file name, delete the page with the original file name:
How to delete a page in Contribute?