How to insert a link to a new PDF (or other document file)?
Create a link from a page on a website to a PDF file on your local hard drive and upload the PDF with the page to the server as follows:
- Start Contribute.
- Browse to the page where you want the document linked from and click the Edit Page button.
- Type the text for the link to the PDF file, if it doesn't already exist on the page, and select it. The text should be in English words such as the title of the document.
- From the Contribute Toolbar, click the Insert Link icon and select File on My Computer.
- In the Insert Link dialog box, click the Browse button, find the PDF file on your hard drive, and click Select.
- Make sure the Advanced section is open at the bottom of the Insert Link dialog box. If it is not open, click the Advanced button.
- Select New Window from the Target Frame drop down list.
- Click OK. At this point in the process, the link to the PDF file will be relative to its location on your hard drive. The link will be updated to the file's address on the server when the page is published.
- When you are finished editing the page, click Publish.
- When the page is published, Contribute will automatically upload the PDF file that you linked to and will put it in the /documents folder for your website. The link to the PDF file will be relative to its location on the server from the page.