How to create a section heading
To create a new page on a website from a template, complete the following steps:
- Enter the text for the section heading.
- Highlight the text you just entered.
- Select Heading 2, Heading 3 or Heading 4 from the Styles drop down. The Styles drop down is in the toolbar at the top of the Contribute window. The Heading styles are at the bottom of the list.
Make sure that the section headings are structured in a hierarchical fashion:
- The page title is always Heading 1 and should not be used elsewhere on the page.
- Next you should have Heading 2’s as section headings within Heading 1.
- Heading 3’s should be sub-section headings within Heading 2.
- Heading 4’s should be sub-section headings within Heading 3.
- Do not skip from Heading 1 to Heading 3 without a Heading 2 in between.