Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP)
The McMaster Platelet Immunology Laboratory provides comprehensive testing for ADAMTS‐13 function and levels for the investigation of patients with microangiopathic hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia including TTP and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS). Tests include a functional assay of ADAMTS‐13 activity and quantitative assays to measure the level of ADAMTS‐13 and anti‐ADAMTS‐13 antibodies.
- ADAMTS‐13 activity: VWF digestion assay
- ADAMTS‐13 level: Quantitative EIA
- ADAMTS‐13 autoantibody-inhibitor: Quantitative EIA
Information and Form:
- Specimen collection: Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) Sample Requirments
- Patient and Test Requisition form