Welcome to the Program for Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research (PIPER) at McMaster University's Faculty of Health Sciences.
PIPER works to foster a culture of interprofessional education and collaboration across the Faculty of Health Sciences.
[Read more of the welcome to PIPER message]
PIPER Call for Proposals
PIPER is pleased to announce our 2021-22 Call for Proposals. The objective of this call for proposals is to increase the current offerings of virtual IPE events for FHS students. More information and application here.
*Please note: the application deadline has been extended to April 5.
PIPER has created two e-learning modules to introduce learners and instructors to the principles and competencies of Interprofessional Education.
Click here to access these modules.
IPE Calendar of Events
All can view. Sign in is required to register.
MISC is a student group with representatives from programs within the Faculty of Health Sciences. MISC works together to plan and execute events and workshops throughout the year, leading a movement towards interprofessional collaborative practice.
Students are invited to visit the PIPER Facebook group and stay informed about upcoming executive openings and events.
[Read more about MISC]
How do I create an IPE event?
Your step-by-step guide to completing your IPE event proposal is here.
PIPER approved IPE events MUST meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Planning of the event using input from two or more professions
- Recruitment of student attendees across two or more professional programs
- Events must provide opportunities for student to learn about, from, and with one another
- The agenda must include planned ineractivity between attendees
- Teaching and learning about interprofessional practice and education is intentionally integrated into the activity