Education and Professional Standing
- FRCP (Edin) 2013
- FACP (American College of Physicians), 1992
- FRCPC Hematology, 1988
- FRCPC Internal Medicine, 1987
- MD, University of Manitoba 1983
To characterize the pathophysiology, frequency, clinical presentation, diagnostic testing, and treatment of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
To characterize the pathophysiology, frequency, clinical presentation, diagnostic testing, and treatment of ischemic limb injury in the setting of consumptive coagulopathies (disseminated intravascular disease).
Dr. Warkentin’s clinical focus includes:
- Transfusion Medicine (Regional Director, Transfusion Medicine, Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program)
- Inpatient-focused general hematology
- acquired thrombocytopenia
- acquired coagulopathy
- prothrombotic and prohemorrhagic disorders
Dr. Warkentin is responsible for haematology training of anaesthesia residents.