Education and Professional Standing
FRCP Edin, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, 2009
FRCPath, Royal College of Pathologists, 2008
FCPath (Chem), South African College of Medicine, 2005
MD, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, 2005
BSc Med (Hons) Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Cape Town, South Africa, 1994
MB.BCh, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, 1990
Utilization of Laboratory Diagnostic Tests
The need to evaluate the evidence base for the use of diagnostic tests in clinical laboratory medicine is essential to the future use of laboratory tests. The practical utilisation of tests is another important area that requires investigation. Research activities that allow evidence based application of laboratory testing are under development.
Dr. Don-Wauchope has clinics at Hamilton Health Sciences where he consults patients referred with Lipid disorders. The use of laboratory diagnostics in clinical endocrinology is a particular specialised area of interest. He is also involved with the Choosing Wisely Canada campaign.
Dr. Don-Wauchope teaches in the residency training program, training post-graduate medical biochemistry residents and fellows, general pathology residents and endocrinology fellows.
- Simons JE, Don-Wauchope AC. Evaluation of Natriuretic Peptide recommendations in Heart Failure Clinical Practice Guidelines. Clinical Biochemistry. 2016 Jan; 49(1): 8-15.
- Rehan M, Raizman J, Cavlier E, Don-Wauchope AC, Holmes DT. Laboratory Challenges in Primary Aldosteronism Screening and Diagnosis. Clin Biochem. 2015 Apr;48(6):377-87.
- Balion C, Don-Wauchope A, Hill S, Santaguida PL, Booth R, Brown JA, Oremus M, Ali U, Bustamam A, Sohel N, McKelvie R, Raina P. Use of Natriuretic Peptide Measurement in the Management of Heart Failure. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 126. AHRQ Publication No. 13(14)-EHC118-EF. Rockville, MD:Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; November 2013.
- Don-Wauchope AC, Sievenpiper JL, Hill SA, Iorio A. Applicability of the AGREE II instrument in evaluating the development process and quality of current National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry guidelines. Clin Chem. 2012 Oct;58(10):1426-37.
- Veljkovic K, Servedio D, Don-Wauchope AC. Reporting of post-PEG prolactin: precipitation by polyethylene glycol 6000 or polyethylene glycol 8000 will change reference intervals for monomeric prolactin. Annals of Clinical Biochemistry 2012 Jul;49(Pt 4):402-4.
- Huang Y, Don-Wauchope AC . The Clinical Utility of Kidney Injury Molecule 1 in the Prediction, Diagnosis and Prognosis of Acute Kidney Injury: A Systematic Review. Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2011; 10: 260-271. May 2011.
Pubmed link to bibliography