Working in collaboration with McMaster University's Forward with Integrity strategy, the Faculty Executive Council of the Faculty of Health Sciences has set its strategic plan to reflect its priorities and goals.
"Together, Advancing Health Through Learning and Discovery"
Guiding Statement of Purpose
In health sciences education, research and care, we are here to question, to learn, to discover, to communicate and to make a difference.
Within a culture of innovation, exploration and collaboration, we lead by learning from what was, challenging what is and embracing what could be.
We believe in:
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Commitment to our communities
- Strategic partnerships
- Integrity and Respect
Strategic planning themes and related goals
Commitment to innovation in learning and discovery
- Pursue innovative evidence-based education strategies, supporting risk taking.
- Ensure educational programs anticipate future needs.
- Be world leaders in developing innovative research that crosses traditional boundaries.
- Align research groups to support collaborations, encourage new ideas and synergize research efforts.
Sustain an enabling culture consistent with FHS tenets
- Optimize the Faculty’s collaborative and interprofessional nature.
- Maintain an organization that is nimble, creative, innovative and takes advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Enhance professional development opportunities to support faculty’s diverse needs.
- Build leadership capacity to enable strategic succession planning.
Advance FHS influence and leadership profile locally and globally
- Lead in the development and evaluation of integrated healthcare delivery models and interprofessional education and care.
- Enhance knowledge translation capacity to extend the FHS reach.
- Promote strategic alliances and strengthen relationships with the University, external partners and the broader community.
- Foster an environment to sustain the research intensivity that has attracted international recognition to the institution.
- Pursue strategic engagement in government relations.
Ensure fiscal strength and stability
- Maximize revenue opportunities that are consistent with our mission/vision.
- Continually refine the Faculty’s mission based management system.
- Assess real and ongoing costs of present and new initiatives.
- Continue to invest in technologies that optimize our core business.