Dr. Chris Mowles was our consultant on the project. Dr. Mowles is a faculty member from the University of Hertfordshire's Complexity and Management Centre's Doctorate of Management in Organizational Change program in the UK. He recommended some of the resources below related to complexity sciences while other resources were identified by the research team or Learning Groups:
- Billing, S. (2009) Dealing with a Resistant Individual. October 19, 2010
- Fraser, S. & Greenhalgh, T. (2001) Complexity Science: Coping with complexity: educating for capability. BMJ, 323, 799-803.
- Freeth, D. (2001) Sustaining interprofessional collaboration. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 15(1), 37-46.
- Gilbert, J. (2005) Interprofessional learning and higher education structural barriers. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 19(2), 87-106.
- Mowles, C. The practice of complexity: Review, change and service improvement in an NHS department. October 19, 2010.
- Oandasan, I. & Reeves, S. (2005) Key elements for interprofessional education: The learner, the educator and the learning context. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 19(2), 21-38.
- Plsek, P. & Greenhalgh, T. (2001) Complexity science: The challenge of complexity in health care. BMJ, 323, 625-628.
- Plsek, P. & Wilson, T. (2001) Complexity science: Complexity, leadership and management in healthcare organizations. BMJ, 323, 746-749.
- Ringer, J. We Have to Talk: A Step-By-Step Checklist for Difficult Conversations. October 19, 2010
- Wilson, T., Holt, T. & Greenhalgh, T. (2001) Complexity science: Complexity and clinical care. BMJ, 323, 685-688.
- Chris Mowles' blog
- Entry on language, power and belonging
- Entries on working interprofessionally
- More under the Category — Meetings
Resources related to rural health care were used in one of the Learning Groups
- Brems, C., Johnson, M., Warner, T. & Roberts, L. (2006) Barriers to healthcare as reported by rural and urban interprofessional providers. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 20(2), 105-118.
- Charles, G., Bainbridge, L., Copeman-Stewart, K., Art, S. & Kassam, R. (2006) The Interprofessional Rural Program of British Columbia (IRPbc). Journal of Interprofessional Care, 20(1), 40-50.
- Johnson, P., Wistow, G., Schulz, R. & Hardy, B. (2003) Interagency and interprofessional collaboration in community care: The interdependence of structures and values. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 17(1), 70-83.