The Faculty of Health Sciences Inventory of Science (IOS) is available:
- To assist new and established faculty members seeking collaboration or advice on research expertise and methodologies
- To assist in obtaining arms length peer-review of scientific content of grants applications
- To assist the institution in responding to requests regarding expertise within the Faculty of Health Sciences
Each faculty member in the Faculty of Health Sciences is requested to complete an on-line biosketch of less than 500 words describing their research in general terms and to provide several keywords.
The IOS can be word searched and therefore there should:
- Be a focus on the field of study
- Indicate whether it involves humans or animals or both
- Name approaches and techniques and indicate the clinical field to which the research is relevant
Given the potential value of this inventory, faculty members are asked to spend 30 minutes in completing the online biosketch that can be accessed at the Inventory of Science (IOS) website.
To search the IOS, FHS faculty members may login using their STAR-CV account login.
If you have any questions on this process please contact: STARCV@mcmaster.ca