Gender and Health Education Initiative
Competition To Open in Spring 2017
Application Deadline: tbc
Amount: $5,000 - $25,000
Download application information
The Gender and Health Education Initiative was established in 2004 to promote educational initiatives within the Faculty of Health Sciences which explore the relationships of gender and health.
The objectives of this initiative are to increase awareness of gender and health through:
- Fostering the development of educational resources within the Faculty of Health Sciences,
- Providing opportunities for innovation in teaching and learning,
- Encouraging interdisciplinary educational collaborations.
Applications are invited from faculty, staff and students in the Faculty of Health Sciences for proposals to develop and/or implement educational initiatives. Staff and students proposals require a faculty supervisor.
Collaborative projects involving faculty and students and interdisciplinary projects crossing program and discipline boundaries are encouraged.
Examples of appropriate projects include, but are not limited to:
- Development of interactive educational computer modules,
- Planning and staging workshops, conferences, or seminars addressing aspects of gender and health,
- Determining better/best ways to deliver content around gender and health,
- Evaluating the effectiveness of educative endeavours in gender and health.
- Post-doctoral fellowship (matching funds opportunity)
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a poster display or give a presentation during a May Cohen Lecture, to be scheduled at a future date.