McMaster University

McMaster University

Flood Reporting — MUMC site

Reporting a flood

How to report a flood depends on the degree of flood:

  1. Contact Security at 74444 if the flood is large. Provide Building name, floor number and room number. Security will have a list of supervisors responsible for the specific areas and may initiate an emergency call list.
  2. If a minor floor flood only — call housekeeping (Ext. 77744) and request cleanup.
  3. If source was interstitial or if it leaked between floors:

    Contact Engineering to control and repair the problem
    Daytime 0730 – 1530 Monday – Friday Ext. 75001
    Night/Weekends/Holidays Switchboard ‘0’
  4. If the area also involved FHS areas, contact:

    Adam Palmer at Ext. 22402
    Todd Pentlichuk at Ext. 22501
    Khaled Ghawi at Ext. 22854

Expected Responses

Engineering or Supervisor/Manager decides if there is a need to call in an outside company for major drying or mould sampling.

(Need list of contractors from HHS)

Generate safety incident report for follow-up:

  • For FHS, contact Adam Palmer in 1J11 at Ext 22402
  • For HHS, contact I Connor in 1F12

Reporting a flood - MDCL and CRL

Please contact Facility Services at Ext. 24740.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0