IMPLEMENTING CONTEMPORARY ACUPUNCTURE TECHNIQUES TO IMPROVE CLINICAL OUTCOMES
Date: Friday, May 26 - Sunday, May 28, 2017
Location: Hamilton Convention Centre, by Carmen's, 1 Summers Lane, Hamilton, ON Canada
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE | REGISTER ONLINE NOW
Sign up for Email Updates
FOR ACTIVITY INFORMATION
CAROL STEWART, CMP, CHSE Coordinator
Continuing Health Sciences Education
P: 905-525-9140 x 20052
For information on the Canadian Contemporary Acupuncture Association or to become a member please visit:
Health Care Professionals who integrate acupuncture in a musculoskeletal medicine practice such as Licensed Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Naturopathic Doctors, Osteopaths, Physicians, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Registered Massage Therapists, Residents and Students.
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the most effective strategies to improve clinical outcomes when applying contemporary acupuncture in clinical practice, based on up-to-date research and personal clinical experience from a group of world leaders in neurofunctional acupuncture.
- Distinguish practical approaches for application of contemporary acupuncture across a diverse spectrum of clinical topics including oncology, spinal cord injury, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, sports injuries and other commonly seen clinical conditions.
- Identify emerging evidence found in contemporary acupuncture research that will assist participants in enhancing clinical decisionas it relates to diagnosis & contemporary acupuncture treatment.
- Apply practical demonstrations during workshops of the needling techniques derived from these approaches.
- The optional pre-activity Anatomy Workshop will review and reinforce the neuro-anatomy of the acupuncture points and the relevance to clinical outcomes.