Installing multiple versions of Firefox
To install muliple versions of Firefox and run them both at the same time, following these instructions:
- Download both the versions of Mozila Firefox (1.5/2.0) into a seperate directory
- Install both the versions into a seperate directories using the “Custom” option.
For example, install Firefox 2 in the following directory
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox2
For example, install Firefox 3 in the following directory
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox3
- After installing, open the profile manager. Go to Start > Run and paste the below code
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox3" -ProfileManager
- Create two new profiles: "Firefox2" and "Firefox3".
- Start notepad and paste the following code for FF2.0
start "" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox2\firefox.exe" -P "Firefox2.0.x"
Save file as "firefox3.bat” to your desktop
- Create another file for Firefox 3 in notepad with the following code:
start "" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox3\firefox.exe" -P "Firefox1.5.x"
Save it as "firefox3.bat" to your desktop.
- Execute one or both files.