St Joseph's Swallowing Clinic at Mcmaster University.
The clinic has been created in June 2007 and is aimed to bring together a deep patho-physiological understanding of the swallowing disorders in order to:
- Phenotype subgroups of patients
- Determine the best therapeutic management
- Conduct follow up and best outcome for each therapeutic measurement
- Generate an impact in morbi-mortality, quality of life and cost in out-patients as in-patients
- Reduce in-hospital stay and improve nutritional status
- Education and research projects