- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Sub-Specialty Applications: Deadline December 31, 2013
- Congratulations Marilyn Korzekwa who was awarded Fellow at the
International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation annual meeting November 17, 2013 in Baltimore.
Fellow status may be awarded to any member who has made outstanding contributions to the diagnosis, treatment, research, or education in the dissociative disorders field and to the Society
- Psychiatry Elves - your donations will be gratefully accepted to bring cheer and goodwill to those in need over the holidays!
- Retirement Open House for Wendy Mattingly - December 13, 2013 - in her office J227, CMHS
- Holiday Get-Together please RSVP before December 1. 2013.
- MOvember 2013 - A combined donation made to Mens' Health Initiatives -
Welcome to the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences at McMaster University. We are a faculty with a tradition of innovation and collaboration and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence in research, education and clinical care. This website will introduce you to the exceptional people and programs in our department.
This is a remarkable time in the history of psychiatry. We are witnessing an explosion of new knowledge about mental illness. New research findings from epidemiology, neurosciences, genetics and brain imaging are changing how we conceptualize psychiatric illnesses while research in psychotherapy and psychopharmacology have made us aware of the tremendous opportunities to alleviate the suffering of the many people with mental illnesses and addictions.