Research Program Overview
Dr. Issenman's research on the nutritional and digestive patterns of children and youth have led to work on obesity and body image perception in parents, children and physicians. Long term studies in Inflammatory Bowel Disease include studies of growth and bone mineral metabolism, adaptation to chronic disease, use of nutritional and complimentary products, the life interests and activities of young parents including their reliance on educational materials and the internet. In addition, he has published studies on autonomic function in Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome.
- Used of Infleximab in the treatment of pediatrics patients with Ulcerative Colitis
- Validation of Noninvasive markers of intestinal inflammation
- Assessment of physical conditioning and adolescents with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Publications & Achievements
- GUPTA A, PASKI S, ISSENMAN R, RADOJA C, WEBBER C. Lumbar spine bone mineral density at diagnosis and during follow-up in children with IBD. J Clin Densitometry 2004:7;290-295
- PERSAD R, JAFFAR I, ISSENMAN R. Prevalence of skeletal fracture in children with inflammatory bowel disease. J Ped Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2006:43;5-11
- ISSENMAN R, JAFFER I, PERSAD R, RADOJA C. Life interests and activities of children and adolescents with inflammatory bowel disease. (In process)
Phone: 905-521-2100 x 75637
Title: Administrative Assistant
Phone: Pager 5337
Title: Nurse Research Coordinator