Dr. Herbert Brill
Associate Professor, Pediatrics
Ph: 905-527-2299 x73455
Clinical Practice Operations
Operations, Waiting time, Endoscopy, IBD
Research Program Overview
I am interested in the operational contexts of clinical practice. This includes practice management waiting times, and transition from Pediatric to Adult health care services.
- Celiac Disease—assessment of adherence to the gluten-free diet
- Transition from Pediatric to Adult services for adolescents with IBD
Publications & Achievements
- Wingate KE, Jacobson K, Issenman R…Brill H…et. al. 25-Hydroxyvitamin D concentrations in children with Crohn’s disease supplemented with either 2000 or 400 IU daily for 6 months: a randomized controlled study. Journal of Pediatrics 2014; 164:860-865.
- Edwards C, Kapoor V, Samule C, Issenman R, Brill H. General Anesthetic versus light sedation: effect on pediatric endoscopy wait times. Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology 2013; 27:647-52.
- Bollegala N, Brill H, Marshall JK. Resource utilization during pediatric to adult transfer of care in IBD. Journal of Crohn’s and Colitis 2013; 7:e55-60.
- Gana JC, Turner D, Mieli-Vergani G…Brill H…A clinical prediction rule and platelet count predict esophageal varices in children. Gastroenterology 2011; 141:2009-2016.
- Benchimol EI, Guttmann A, Griffiths AM...Brill H,...et. al. Increasing incidence of paediatric inflammatory bowel disease in Ontario, Canada: evidence from health administrative data. Gut 2009; 58:1490-7.
- Brill H. An Approach to milk protein allergy in infants. Canadian Family Physician 2008; 16:830-834.
Phone: 905-521-2100 x 73455
Title: Administrative Assistant