Dr. Lennox Huang is the former Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at McMaster University and the Chief of Pediatrics at Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton.
From 2006-2009, Dr. Huang served as Associate Chair Clinical in the Department of Pediatrics and Deputy Chief of Pediatrics for McMaster Children's Hospital. He was the founding Medical Director of the Outreach and Pediatric High-Fidelity Simulation at McMaster Children’s Hospital and served in that role from 2005-2012. Dr. Huang is currently the vice president of the Pediatric Chairs of Canada and is the past-president of Regional Medical Associates (RMA).
After receiving his medical degree from the University of Toronto, Dr. Huang completed his residency and pediatric critical care fellowship training at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital in Cleveland. Dr. Huang actively practices pediatric intensive care and is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics for both Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care.
Dr. Huang is clinical active as a pediatric intensivist and is certified by the American Board of Pediatrics for both Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care.
An experienced educator, Dr. Huang 's recent awards include the Canadian Association of Medical Education (CAME) Certificate of Merit and the McMaster Pediatric Postgraduate Residency Program Clinical Teaching Award.
Dr. Huang's interests lie in the areas of health human resources, patient safety, hospital quality improvement and high-fidelity simulation. He has served on expert panels to advise executive leaders on models of care integration. His work integrating simulation with Lean to study hospital environments has been recognized with awards at international conferences.
- Huang L. Clinical practice guideline: Septic shock. 2006 Pediatric Critical Care Network (Ontario). www.criticall.ca
- Kirpalani H, Huang L, Duffett M, Michenko M, editors Manual of Pediatric Intensive Care 2009 PHMP/BC Decker.
- Huang L, Norman D, Anchala K, LaForce D. Lean Methodology Combined with In-Situ High-Fidelity Simulation to Evaluate Pediatric Emergency Department Design. Simulation in Healthcare. 4(4), Winter 2009.
- Huang L, Norman D, Chen R. Addressing hospital-wide patient safety initiatives with high-fidelity simulation. Physician Executive Journal 2010.
- Pediatric Septic Shock: How to Save Lives and Resuscitate Hospital Systems. 2009 54th Annual Ontario Anaesthesia Meeting – Toronto, Ontario
- Huang L, Norman D, Chen R. Developing embedded simulation based patient safety initiatives. International Pediatric Simulation Symposium and Workshops. Florence, Italy 2009
- Huang L, Norman D, Reid J. How to Partner Lean Thinking with High-Fidelity Simulation. 10th Annual International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) 2010, 2011, 2012.
Follow Dr. Huang on Twitter
Follow Hamilton Pediatric News on Flipboard