Education and Professional Standing
- FRCP (Edin) 2013
- FACP (American College of Physicians), 1992
- FRCPC Hematology, 1988
- FRCPC Internal Medicine, 1987
- MD, University of Manitoba 1983
To characterize the pathophysiology, frequency, clinical presentation, diagnostic testing, and treatment of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
To characterize the pathophysiology, frequency, clinical presentation, diagnostic testing, and treatment of bleeding gastrointestinal angiodysplasia associated with cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Warkentin’s clinical focus includes:
- Transfusion Medicine (Regional Director, Transfusion Medicine, Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program)
- Inpatient-focused general hematology
- acquired thrombocytopenia
- acquired coagulopathy
- prothrombotic and prohemorrhagic disorders
Dr. Warkentin is responsible for haematology training of anaesthesia residents.