Education and Professional Standing
- FCACB, 1984
- FRCPC, 1981
- PhD, University of Glasgow, Scotland, 1972
- MBChB, University of Glasgow, Scotland, 1968
Cardiovascular disease with particular emphasis on lipids, lipoproteins and apolipoproteins, as well as the role of biomarkers in the prediction, diagnosis and management of myocardial ischemia.
The use of lifestyle and pharmacological interventions in the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease.
The role of large international clinical and epidemiological studies in contributing to greater understanding of factors influencing population health, in combination with the development and maintenance of a large biobank to support such studies. These activities and interests are facilitated through the Population Health Research initiative at the David Braley Cardiac Vascular and Stroke Research Institute.
Clinical Trials/Proteomics Laboratory Team
- Dr. Joseph Macri: Clinical Biochemist (Lab Medicine), Associate Professor (Pathology & Molecular Medicine)
- Dr. Judy Keys: Research Coordinator
- Kim Hall: Research Coordinator, Clinical Research and Clinical Trials