, Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma, BSC, FIMLS
Pathology and Molecular Medicine
Integrated Assistant Vice-President,
Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine (HRLMP)
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton and Hamilton Health Sciences
St. Joseph's Healthcare
L301-5, St. Luke's Wing
905-522-1155 ext 33850
Education and Professional Standing
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (BMGU)
- Post Graduate Fellowship Medical Microbiology, Leeds University, United Kingdom
- BSc, Medical Laboratory Science, Hull University, United Kingdom
David’s primary responsibilities include implementation of the program’s strategic plan and administrative leadership to ensure service, research and academic missions are meeting or exceeding the Hospital’s expectations. The HRLMP is comprised of over 700 staff, including over 60 professional staff and has a budget of $75 M operating annually.
- Process and Quality Improvements in Laboratory Medicine
- Application of Lean Six Sigma for improved patient safety
Dr. Mark Crowther, Ms. Rebecca Repa, Dr. Fiona Smaill, Dr. Christine Lee, Dr. Ron Carter, Dr. Alexopoulou, Duane Boychuk, Brenda Rafter-Tadgell, Cathie McCallum and Denise Legeard.
David has created and delivered Leadership Development programs across the public and private sector, is a mentor for the MBA Student program (University of Toronto) and Trainer for Lean Six Sigma.
Service and Quality leadership for the Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program in the areas of:
- Transfusion Medicine
- Anatomic Pathogy