Education and Professional Standing
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- Fellow, American Society of Clinical Pathology
- Fellow, American Board of Pathology
- Masters in Hospital Administration, University of Ottawa, Canada
- MD University of Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania
- Consultant Pathologist, Juravinski Caner Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Recipient, Distinguished Meritorious Canadian Association of Pathology
- Recipient, Council of Resident Education in Obstetrics & Gynecology for Excellence in Resident Education
Dr Daya’s main interest is in diagnostic gynecologic and urologic pathology. He regularly discusses difficult diagnostic cases with junior faculty and residents. His emphasis on clinicopathological correlation is appreciated by both the clinical and pathology staff.
Best practice guidelines for Oncologic Pathology Secondary Review, Cancer Care Ontario
Dr Daya's current focus is in the genesis of ovarian carcinoma and diagnostic criteria for early gynecological malignancy including vulva, cervix and the endometrium (including preinvasive conditions). He collaborates locally, nationally, and internationally.
Dr. Daya’s main passion is teaching residents and junior staff. His emphasis is how to come up “with bottom line” which has a pertinent clinical implication. He is currently involved in multi institutional study for early invasive adenocarcinoma of the cervix. Dr Daya also regularly teaches residents in obstetrics and gynecology who do a pathology/colposcopy rotation at the Juravinski Centre.
Currently involved in the new WHO (2012) Classification of gynecological malignancies.