- Please check back soon for news from 2016.
- A nationwide group of pain researchers and clinicians submitted a Letter of Intent (LOI) to the CIHR SPOR (Strategy for Patient Oriented Research) competition for the development of a Canadian chronic pain network. The LOI was successful and they were invited to submit a full application. Led by Dr. Norm Buckley the full proposal was submitted to CIHR on Oct 15 2015 with the intent to create a Canadian network to address the problem of chronic pain in Canada throughout the lifespan. Results to be announced Winter 2016. (October 2015)
- McMaster Pain Institute has created a website for pain sufferers to get reliable information, rate treatments and sign up for research studies. The on-line resource PainHQ is desgined to help people who live with pain.
- Pain Update (July 2015 newsletter from the Michael G. DeGroote Institute for Pain Research and Care)
- The new Michael G. DeGroote Pain Clinic opened its doors at McMaster University Health Sciences with Dr. Ramesh Zacharias as Medical Director. The new clinic will be one of the largest interventional and biopsychosocial pain programs in Canada.(June 2015)
- McMaster leads development of cardiac pain resource centre. People living with persistent forms of cardiac pain have a new multi-media resource of information to ease the discomfort. The online resource called the Canadian Journal of Cardiology Persistent Cardiac Pain Resource Centre, is led by Dr. Michael McGillion, assistant professor of McMaster University's School of Nursing. The resource was created because there are increasingly prevalent chronic cardiac pain problems but a lack of collaboration between cardiovascular and pain science communities. Visit the Persistant Cardiac Pain Resources website. (Fall 2014)
- Canada AM interview 'Chronic Pain' with Lynn Cooper, BES, and Andrea Furlan, MD, PhD. Chronic pain: With a plan, it is possible to live well (CTV News, September 16, 2014)
- Dr. Norm Buckley Reappointed as Chair of Anesthesia (FHS News, July 1, 2014)
- McMaster Leads Development of Cardiac Pain Resource Centre (FHS News, March 7, 2014)