The Escarpment Cancer Research Institute (or ECRI) has become a reality. Launched on September 22, 2011, ECRI brings together well-established and successful cancer research groups, as well as emerging groups, from McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences, and the Juravinski Cancer Centre.
The Institute will have three core programs of research:
- Clinical Trials
- Quality Health Care and Knowledge Translation
- Translational (‘bench to bedside’) research
The Health Services Research Group will comprise and lead the Quality Health Care and Knowledge Translation Research Program of ECRI.
Although distinct in composition and focus, ECRI’s three programs of research are united in the Institute’s Vision, Mission and Values:
- ECRI will be the national leader of innovative and sustainable solutions that will put research into action for the benefit of people affected by cancer
- Dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by cancer, ECRI’s research strategy includes clinical advancements, system innovations, and knowledge translation.
- Burning passion to succeed
- Committed to community
- International in reach