Dr. Wendy Sword began with McMaster University in 1986 as a lecturer in the School of Nursing. She held the position of Assistant Dean (Research) in the School as well as a tenured professor, a graduate faculty member, and an associate member of the Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
- Heaman, M., Moffat, M., Elliott, L., Sword, W., Helewa, M.E., Morris, H., Gregory, P., Tjaden, L., & Cook, C. (2014). Barriers, motivators and facilitators related to prenatal care utilization among inner-city women in Winnipeg, Canada: A case-control study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 14: 227. DOI:10.1186/1471-2393-14-227
- Heaman, M.I., Sword, W.A., Akhtar-Danesh, N., Bradford, A., Tough, S., Janssen, P.A., Young, D.C., Kingston, D.A., Hutton, E.K., & Helewa, M.E. (2014). Quality of Prenatal Care Questionnaire: Instrument development and testing. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 14:188. DOI:10.1186/1471-2393-14-188
- Sword, W., Niccols, A., Yousefi-Nooraie, R., Dobbins, M., Lipman, E., & Smith, P. (2013). Partnerships among Canadian agencies serving women with substance abuse issues and their children. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, 11, 344-357. DOI: 10.1007/s11469-012-9418-x
- Watt, S., Sword, W., Sheehan, D., Foster, G., Krueger, P., Kurtz-Landy, C., & Thabane, L. (2012). The effect of delivery method on breastfeeding initiation – Findings from The Ontario Mother and Infant Study (TOMIS) III. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing. DOI: 10.1111/j.1552-6909.2012.01394.x
- Sword, W., Heaman, M., Brooks, S., Tough, S., Janssen, P., Young, D., Kingston, D., Helewa, M., Akhtar-Danesh, N., & Hutton, E. (2012). Women’s and care providers’ perspectives of quality prenatal care: A qualitative descriptive study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 12:9. DOI:10.1186/1471-2393-12-29
- Sword, W., Watt, S., & Krueger, P. (in press). Postpartum health, service needs and access to care: The experiences of immigrant women in Ontario. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing.
- Sword, W., Krueger, P., & Watt, S. (2006). Predictors of acceptance of a postpartum public health nurse home visit: Findings from an Ontario Survey. Canadian Journal of Public, 97, 191-196.