Division of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Shanker Nesathurai MD, FRCPC
Dr. Shanker Nesathurai is the Director of the Division
of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Welcome to Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Promoting ability throughout the lifespan
Our Guiding Statement
In Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, we are leaders in education, clinical care, and research.
To advance the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation by providing timely, individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care in a culture of innovation, exploration, and collaboration with members of a multidisciplinary health care team. We aim to implement an evidence-based approach, generate new knowledge, disseminate and apply knowledge of best practice, and to enhance quality of life through maximizing independent function.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Commitment to our community
- Integrity and respect
- To recruit the highest quality residents and faculty to fulfill our commitment to innovation, collaboration, and evidence-based practice.
- To promote research in PM&R that creates new knowledge and enhances patient care.
- To continually refine our teaching curriculum for our residents and all other undergraduate and postgraduate learners.
- To promote and develop evidence-based practice based on clinical research in affiliation with our teaching hospital partners.