The main administrative offices of the Faculty of Health Sciences are sited within the McMaster Health Sciences Centre, a building shared with the McMaster site of Hamilton Health Sciences hospitals, located on McMaster’s Main Street West campus in Hamilton, Ont.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is led by Paul O'Byrne, dean and vice-president of the Faculty of Health Sciences for McMaster University. He is also the dean of the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine.
The senior leadership for the Faculty includes:
- Susan Denburg, Associate Vice-President (Academic)
- Stephen Collins, Associate Dean (Research)
- Alan Neville, Associate Dean (Education)
- William Orovan, Associate Dean (Clinical Services)
- Andrea Baumann, Associate Vice-President (Global Health)
- Carolyn Byrne, Associate Dean and Director, Nursing
- Patty Solomon, Associate Dean and Director, Rehabilitation Science
- Catherine Hayward, Associate Dean (Graduate Studies)
As well, the administrative team includes directors responsible for Faculty operations, including finance, education services, human resources, research administration, facilities management, computer services, development, communications and the Health Sciences Library.
Classrooms, laboratories and offices for the Faculty are also found in the Michael G. DeGroote Centre for Learning and Discovery, the Mohawk-McMaster Institute for Applied Health Sciences and at our academic partner hospitals, Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton. In addition, the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine has the Waterloo Regional Campus on the Downtown Kitchener Health Sciences Campus of the University of Waterloo and the Niagara Regional Campus at the St. Catharines General site of the Niagara Health System.