On Grant APPLICATIONS:
Grant applications must be endorsed as follows:
- Researcher(s)- Principal and Co-investigators
- Department Chair
- Health Research Services (HRS)
for Professor Emeritus
and/or when teaching release and/or office/lab space
See the Board of Governors' "Resolution Respecting the Execution of Instruments" for full details of designated signing authorities on behalf of McMaster University.
Contact the McMaster Industry Liaison Office (MILO) for information on contract proposals and their signing.
On Resulting AGREEMENTS:
related to peer-reviewed research where McMaster University is receiving funds must be endorsed on behalf of McMaster University
- agreements valued at up to $1,000,000*: one signature required - either the Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Health Sciences or Director, Health Research Services;
- agreements valued at $1,000,000 to $10,000,000: two signatures required - the Dean and Vice-President of the Faculty of Health Sciences, and the Vice-President (Administration)**;
- agreements valued at over $10,000,000: two signatures required - the Dean and Vice-President of the Faculty of Health Sciences, and the Vice-President (Administration)**. For non-peer reviewed research, one signature is required - Dean and Vice-President of the Faculty of Health Sciences or the Vice-President (Administration)** after approval has been given by the Board of Governors or by its Executive and Governance Committee.
*Exception: Institutional Initiatives (e.g. CFI, CRC) proposals specifically require the signature of either the Vice-President (Research and International Affairs) or the President.
**Note: Other designates are permitted according to the Execution of Instruments Policy, however, the individuals identified above are preferred for all agreements passing through HRS for signature.