Reporting a flood
How to report a flood depends on the degree of flood:
- Contact Security at 74444 if the flood is large. Provide Building name, floor number and room number. Security will have a list of supervisors responsible for the specific areas and may initiate an emergency call list.
- If a minor floor flood only — call housekeeping (Ext. 77744) and request cleanup.
- If source was interstitial or if it leaked between floors:
Contact Engineering to control and repair the problem
Daytime 0730 – 1530 Monday – Friday Ext. 75001
Night/Weekends/Holidays Switchboard ‘0’
- If the area also involved FHS areas, contact:
Mike McGuire at Ext. 22402
Todd Pentlichuk at Ext. 22501
Khaled Ghawi at Ext. 22854
Engineering or Supervisor/Manager decides if there is a need to call in an outside company for major drying or mould sampling.
(Need list of contractors from HHS)
Generate safety incident report for follow-up:
- For FHS, contact Mike McGuire 1J11 at Ext 22402
- For HHS, contact I Connor in 1F12
Reporting a flood - MDCL and CRL
Please contact Facility Services at Ext. 24740.