Wednesday, September 26, 2018
1/2 Day at Liuna Station
360 James Street North, Hamilton, Ontario
Brochure Email Updates
OTHER WAYS TO REGISTER:
PHONE 905-525-9140 ext 22671
FAX a completed registration form 905-572-7099
MAIL your completed registration form to: McMaster University, Continuing Health Sciences Education Program, 1280 Main St. West, DBHSC, Room 5004, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1
IN PERSON Bring your completed registration form to the Continuing Health Sciences Education Program, 100 Main Street West, 5th Floor, Room 5004, Hamilton, ON L8P 1H6 Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
FOR ACTIVITY INFORMATION
McMaster University, Continuing Health Sciences Education Program
P: 905-525-9140 x 22990
Family Physicians, Pain Physicians, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Nurses, Residents, Occupational Therapists and Students.
By attending this activity, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the issues around chronic headache diagnosis and pain management.
• Identify the rationale for the use of joint injections, prolo-therapy and Synvisc in managing MSK type pain.
• Identify some of the factors to do with assessing and managing impairment associated with cannabis use (e.g. driving a car, operating equipment) and considerations in the provincial approach to this issue.
• Identify potential approaches to concussion treatment and rehabilitation, and a new guideline directed towards concussion care.
• Discuss and become aware of the Health Quality Ontario Standard for opiod prescribing for acute pain.