Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Royal Botanical Gardens
680 Plains Road West, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
OTHER WAYS TO REGISTER:
PHONE 905-525-9140 ext 22671
FAX a completed registration form 905-572-7099
MAIL your completed registration form to: McMaster University, Continuing Health Sciences Education Program, 1280 Main St. West, DBHSC, Room 5004, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1
IN PERSON Bring your completed registration form to the Continuing Health Sciences Education Program, 100 Main Street West, 5th Floor, Room 5004, Hamilton, ON L8P 1H6 Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
FOR ACTIVITY INFORMATION
Shawn Locke, CHSE Coordinator
Continuing Health Sciences Education
P: 905-525-9140 x 21098
The McMaster University Hand, Arm, Nerve (MacHANd) Group is an interdisciplinary team promoting excellence in education, clinical service, and research for hand and upper limb injuries, diseases, and disorders.
THE LEARNING OBJECTIVES OF MACHAND DAY ARE
By attending this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the etiology and treatments for painful wrist conditions.
- Recognize the criteria for the referral of wrist conditions to a specialist.
- Identify the appropriate investigations (e.g., ultrasound) to diagnose wrist conditions.
- Identify evidence-based, multidisciplinary approaches for managing hand arthritis.
- Acquire an understanding of the impact of arthritis on the daily activities of patients.
Chiropractors, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Family Physicians, Occupational Therapists, Physiatrists, Physiotherapists, Radiologists, Sports Medicine Physicians, Residents, Students, and all other Health Professions interested in upper extremity disorders.