Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics

Teaching Hospitals

St. Joseph's Healthcare

St. Joseph's Hospital

50 Charlton Ave. E.
Hamilton, ON L8N 4A6

Day by day, we're building an innovative and technologically advanced approach to clinical care, academics, and diagnostics.

St. Joseph's Healthcare’s Charlton Campus is a 600-plus bed acute care facility located at 50 Charlton Avenue East in Hamilton, Ontario.

The Charlton Campus is home to the world- renowned Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health, the Centre for Minimal Access Surgery, Brain Body Institute and the much-respected Father Sean O'Sullivan Research Centre with its satellite organization the Centre for the Evaluation of Medicine.

Locating research facilities inside the hospital's front doors reflects our drive to integrate basic and clinical research. Bringing research to the bedside also strengths our partnerships with McMaster University's Faculty of Health Sciences and Mohawk College.

McMaster University Medical Centre

McMaster Health Sciences

1200 Main St. W.
Hamilton, ON L8N 3Z5

Located next to McMaster University in west Hamilton, McMaster University Medical Centre (MUMC) opened in 1972 as a state-of-the-art healthcare facility and has been meeting the changing healthcare needs of our community ever since.

MUMC has one of Canada's most innovative Digestive Diseases programs, focused on specialized medical, surgical and research aspects of care. In conjunction with McMaster University, this program conducts more research into digestive diseases than any other program in the country.

MUMC delivers a wide range of Women's Health services, including high-risk obstetrics and gynecology, to patients from a broad region. MUMC is also home to many of the programs and services of McMaster Children's Hospital.

Our staff is committed to providing the best health care for our patients and their families in an environment that promotes health and fosters learning and innovation.

The Juravinski Hospital began as the Mount Hamilton Hospital in 1917, serving the veterans of the first war and opened as the Henderson General Hospital in 1954 as a 322-bed hospital serving chronic and convalescent patients.

Through the years, the Juravinski Hospital has become an integral part of the mountain community as the region's centre of excellence for cancer and orthopedic care and a full service general hospital.

The Juravinski Hospital provides acute inpatient and palliative care, diagnostic services and an educational environment to support the needs of cancer patients and the Juravinski Cancer Centre. The Juravinski Hospital's highly regarded Orthopedic program combines health care and research to offer patients a range of services dedicated to helping them prepare for and recover from joint replacement surgery.

Founded in 1848 as the first hospital in Hamilton, Hamilton General Hospital has grown to become a leading healthcare provider, not only for the downtown community of Hamilton, but for the entire South Central Ontario region. With state-of-the-art facilities, the General is recognized as a regional centre of excellence in cardiovascular care, neurosciences, trauma and burn treatment.

Committed to the principles of patient- and family-centered care, Hamilton General Hospital is a tertiary care centre serving people from Burlington to Brantford and Niagara Falls to Guelph. The Hamilton General has one of the province's few Burn Units and an Integrated Stroke Unit caring for acute and rehabilitation patients. Patients who require open-heart surgery or cardiac catheterization are also served by the General's innovative and integrated approach to care.

The General is also home to leading edge research. Hamilton Health Sciences' new David Braley Cardiac, Vascular and Stroke Research Institute is the new home to the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) and the Henderson Research Centre, and will do wonders to enhance cardiovascular research. The PHRI at the General conducts and co-ordinates international clinical trials to improve the health of people in Hamilton and around the world.

The 100,000-square-foot Regional Rehabilitation Centre, which opened at the General site in September 2009, has 91 inpatient beds, providing care to stroke, spinal cord injury, amputee, trauma, neurobehavioural and acquired brain injury patients.