How do I find summer work in a lab?
Contact your faculty supervisor directly with this request.
Where can I find the timesheet form?
What do I do with my completed timesheet form?
Please submit your timesheets to Tracy Stojanovic (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on the Wednesday before your pay week. You will be notified by e-mail when this date is approaching. Remember to cc your faculty supervisor for approval. If your timesheet is not submitted by the due date/time, it will be held over for the subsequent pay run.
MOSIAC Links and Information
How do I convert my legacy account number to the new Chartfield String?
- Log into Mosaic with your mac id
- On the 'Home' page click the 'Chart of Accounts Lookup'
- Enter your legacy account and subcode
- Your new Chartfield String will be displayed below — be sure to click both the 'Main/GL and Project Costing' tabs to obtain all the information pertaining to your new string.
How do I delegate authority for entry in the new Mosaic system?
Please log into Mosaic using your MAC ID and password: MOSAIC
Once logged in:
- Select my Profile Tab (on the left hand side)
- Select : Delegate Entry Authority
- Authorized User ID: enter the mac id of the person you want to delegate /select
Travel and Expenses
How do I submt a claim for petty cash?
Original, itemized receipts, in the amount less than $100 can be brought to
Katie in the main office, HSC 4N59, for reimbursement. Please provide the account
to be charged and the reason for the expense.
Who do I submit my travel expense claims to?
Our Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences Accounting Assistant is:
4H21A Health Sciences
905-525-9140 ext. 22562
Health & Safety
What safety training do I need to complete when hired to work in a lab?
What do I do if there is an incident in the lab?
The McMaster Injury/Incident Report can be completed on-line through the Health & Safety Office web site. Type in the information, print it and get it signed. Then submit it to their office by mail or fax.
FHS Safety Office
Health Sciences Centre
Room 1J11A - Purple Section
Phone - 905-525-9140
Fax - 905-528-8539
Who do I contact regarding Health and Safety concerns?
Our Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences Health & Safety Representative is:
4N59 Health Sciences Centre
905-525-9140 ext. 22065
*NEW* If you are experiencing symptoms of distress or other emotional crisis, please follow these helpful instructions:
1. Call Homewood Health line (there is a distress line option when you call the toll-free number below). They will assist the faculty/staff member and their family. They will work around their schedule and will set up an appointment very quickly near home or work. Homewood Health website: http://www.workingatmcmaster.ca/link.php?link=healthy-workplace:homewoodhealth Toll Free:1.800.663.1142
2. If we need someone to come to the office immediately, we call Employee Health Services and ask that a nurse be sent (905-525-9140 x20309 or x 20310) http://www.workingatmcmaster.ca/ehs/contacts/ and http://www.workingatmcmaster.ca/ehs/
3. Call/come to Main Office and see Bonnie Murphy x22309 or Lorraine Curtis x22498 for assistance.
*NEW* For information on how to help students in times of crisis and a list of mental health support information from McMaster University, peers, and our community please see the attached brochure.
Please refer to Faculty of Health Sciences Safety Office website for more information.
NOTE: We would like to take a moment to remind you of the importance of keeping your lab’s safety training up-to-date and to let you know that it is time to complete your lab safety inspections - //fhs.mcmaster.ca/safetyoffice/documents/laboratoryinspection-supervisorFeb15.doc.
Here, you will also find links to the Lab Training Documentation Record, the Lab Employee Orientation Checklist, and the Safety and Awareness Training Checklist to assist you with orienting new summer students and to serve as a guide to the training that is required of ALL PERSONS in the lab.
All safety training is now completed through Mosaic and can be accessed here: //fhs.mcmaster.ca/safetyoffice/